No matter where you live in the city, coffee is a must for some of us. I’ve been to so many places over the years and finally decided to put together a top 10 list for the Houston Metro Area. These places are tried and true for the coffee connoisseur based on quality, service and atmosphere.
1. Antidote Coffee – Probably my favorite spot. I’ve been coming here for almost a decade and they have some of the best espresso in town. They have a colorful patio with brightly painted chairs and plenty of outlets inside for laptop workers. It’s usually busy on the weekends, but the afternoons on a weekday makes it a great out of office place to work. They also have a menu full of local favorites from cheese to kombucha.
2. Plum Coffee – They are located off Barker Cypress in Cypress which is a suburb of Houston. My favorite thing to get here is not coffee but their Gingerbread Chai Latte. They use Ghirardelli chocolate in the flavored beverages and have a great drive through. The services is always premium and the panini’s are to die for.
3. Catalina Coffee – Okay, the one down side to this place is that they have no outlets. If you are looking to work here, be sure to bring a charged device or just use it for reading material. They draw beautiful little designs in their drinks and the espresso is of the highest quality. It has a sort of hipster vibe with wooden tables and a cozy atmosphere. They are located off Washington Avenue and worth visiting. It is limited in seating, so be prepared to come in a small group or by yourself.
4. Epicure Bakery – They are located in the River Oaks district and it feels like you are meta-morphed into a simple French café. They have an extensive brunch menu and window seating in typical café fashion for you to people watch.
5. Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee House – Another favorite in Cypress, TX. They newly opened and have some of the best service around. Also, they have an app you can download to get additional discounting. The atmosphere is cozy with a fireplace (we don’t see those often in Houston) and premium service.
6. Honeymoon Cafe
Whether you are stopping in for a quick treat, a caffeine fix or even to work for an afternoon, all of the places I’ve listed I’ve come again and again to visit. They have the best service, flavors and prices under what Starbucks charges. I’d love to hear about other favorite spots around town if you are interested in sharing Houston hotspots! Feel free to comment below.