I've spent some time over the past few months really trying to comprehend Ecclesiastes 3. Having a time for everything in life. There are times to mourn, be angry and happy. There is a time for every season. Although I've always loved places I've lived that had significant seasonal changes, this year was truly different for me. I've really paid a lot of attention to each day and how the earth is changes. Change is happening all the time. The one constant in life is change.
As the flowers and trees are beginning to grow again, I am reminded that no winter lasts forever. Winter is seen as a dead time for nature, animals hibernate and trees go bare. My life for a few years really felt like a Winter season. It was tough, tougher than I could have imagined. I won't disclose the details on the blog, because I do believe some things should stay private - but I went through a really tough period.
My dear family and close friends were there to remind me that this too shall pass. Nothing lasts forever and one day Winter will turn into a beautiful Spring. I am here to tell you all how grateful I am for the Spring season I am approaching. Both literally and figuratively. Spring is a time for growth and I know that there are plans for me to spiritually prosper.
Just as other parts of my life are changing, I've decided to do a major overhaul and purge of my closet. Today I want to talk about my top 5 favorite pieces for Spring.
- Skinny Jeans - I love the kind with a little stretch and these fit perfectly. I picked them up on sale for $20 and love the high rise. They come in all sorts of washes, but white is perfect for the summer.
- Ballet Flats - I've worn these patent ones by Jessica Simpson about a hundred times and they are still in really good condition. The girl knows how to create a great pair of shoes. I like that the toe really looks like a pointe shoe. You can pick up similar ones here and here, but investing in good ballet flats are idea for every wardrobe. They look great with shorts, pants and dresses.
- Flowy Top - A flowy cotton top is perfect for transitional weather. I love this one from LC Lauren Conrad (my favorite ready to wear line on the market to date). I also love the simple color.
- Boater Hat - I love hats. If you've been following along for the past few months, you probably noticed my affliction for them. My newest love is the boater. Classic 1920's feel but with a wider brim. I like hats since it's really humid and hot here in Houston in the summer. The boater has such a classic feel, and looks great with dresses and casual items.
- Colorful Satchel - When I picked up this pink bag by Ted Baker, I really got it because of it's adorable color. I had no idea that almost a year later it would become one of the most frequently worn items I own. Find something big enough for a planner, notebook and your work essentials. But not so large you couldn't take it to a nice dinner.
What are some of your favorite Spring essentials? I'd love to hear what you wear over and over.