I am a lover of all things coffee. It reminds me of being a kid and my parents shopping in coffee stores and brewing a cup in the morning. It started in with a cappuccino, and over time I've evolved into drink cortado and espresso. At the end of the day, coffee is one of my favorite beverages. I prefer a dark cup to something creamy and light. I also love it to be sweet without syrupy. I thought I would put together a quick list of some of my favorite coffee spots around town. Also, if you are looking for more coffee recommendations read this post (some are included and some are additional to today's post).
- Heights Area: I love to get a cappuccino at Antidote coffee. They have a colorful patio and I think their beans are some of the best around. They also have an excellent selection of organic food options. My other favorite is EQ Heights. They have the yummiest miniature cheesecakes and an assortment of loose leaf tea.
- Energy Corridor: Urban American Kitchen and Bean's Cafe are two of my favorites in this area. I prefer Urban Kitchen for lunch while Bean's Cafe also has amazing lavender honey!
- Rice University: I recently visited Coco Crepes! They made a delicious cortado and veggie crepe for a lovely brunch. Their cortado is layered and doesn't require an bit of sweetener.
- EADO: Tout Suite is my favorite for elixirs, fresh juices and macaroons. Not to mention they make some killer coffee. They always have a line, but quick service and a lot of space.
- Cypress: I usually go to Plum Coffee or Land of a Thousand Hills. Both have the best customer service and an assortment of tea beverages, as well as, delicious coffee choices.
I also frequently make coffee at home using a french press and dark roasted beans. My favorite beans (after trying tons of types) are Dunkin' Donuts. They have such a good dark roast and fantastic price point. I also use my grandmother's antique coffee and creamer set every day. Having a few nice tea cups or espresso cups is a perfect touch to properly serving at home. Hope you enjoy your next cup of joe!