With Valentine's Day around the corner I thought I'd round up a few inspirational looks for you guys. I don't usually make a huge deal about the holiday, but do find it nice to grab dinner or drinks on that evening or take a weekend trip just for a relaxing getaway. I'll pretty much use any excuse to get dressed up so here are few quick ideas and some looks to shop if you are in need of some ideas!
- When in doubt add a bow! I love the feminine look of this boutique dress I picked up years ago in New Orleans. Although it's obviously not available anymore I've linked a few ideas below. Make sure to add a few other bow touches and a nude shoe is a perfect compliment without looking overwhelming. I also like this dress is a coral as opposed to traditional pink or red.
- Go off the grid with magenta and pale pink. I like the softness tulle brings to any look but truthfully it can get a little too feminine. Here the magenta adds a bold touch and the ruffles give the outfit architecture. Again, when wearing so much color it's best to add a neutral like a white purse and pumps.
- Bold red never goes wrong. This dress has been one of my all time favorites. The low back and halter cut is just the right amount of reveal without being over the top. I also love a full skirt. If you are in a warm climate feel free to add strappy black sandals.
- Wrap yourself in bold pink. I've been loving this shirt ever since I picked it up last year (I actually wore it this past week with a pair of eggplant jeans here). It's versatile and the sleeves give it so much personality. Add a textured white skirt for a fresh look as you transition into Spring.
- Mix and Match colors. If you are ready to go out on a limb pick up a dress with both pink and red. The colors work great together if you tie in matching accessories. Here I draped a sweater over my shoulders for extra warmth and added a bright pink pair of ballet flats.
If you are looking for a few fun reads about Valentine's Day check out last year and the year before's posts Making Valentine's Day Special Without a lot of Fuss and Four Kinds of Love.